The American Philosophical Association (APA) sponsors one Visiting Research Fellowship per year at the Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities, the University of Edinburgh.
There is no funding associated with this award but the APA Fellow has a private office in the Institute, is a member of the Institute’s lively research community and has full borrowing rights at Edinburgh University Library. The Fellowship is for a period of 2 to 6 months. Applicants must be members of the APA.
Full details of the Fellowship and how to apply are published on the website of the APA.
Previous holders of the Fellowship include:
- Prof. Samuel Fleischacker (Williams College), 1995
- Prof. Thomas Olshewsky (University of Kentucky), 1998
- Dr Allan Bäck (Kutztown University), 2004
- Prof. Leemon McHenry (California State University Northridge), 2009
- Prof. Paul O. Nnodim (Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts), 2010
- Dr Christopher Mole (University of British Columbia), 2016
- Prof. Thomas Williams (University of South Florida), 2016
- Dr Marina Folescu (University of Missouri), 2017
- Prof. Peter J. Graham (University of California Riverside), 2018-19
The 2020 APA Edinburgh Fellow is Dr Carrie Figdor (University of Iowa).