1. The conference is open to people presenting their work and those who are not. There will be plenty of opportunity for the latter to take part in discussions and conversation. The Keynote speeches will be publicly advertised and the Installations will be open to the public during the three days of the conference.
2. The whole event will last for three days, starting on the morning of Wednesday 7th and finishing in the early evening of Friday 9th December. As much as possible is going to be run as plenary (ie. not in parallel sessions). Attendees at the conference are encouraged to commit to the event in its entirety. We will post the schedule here as soon as it is available.
3. Costs: Registration fees will be £30 for Students and the un-waged, £50 for those on lower incomes and £70 for those on higher incomes. These fees will cover lunches on the three days and teas and coffees, as well as a conference pack/programme.
4. Registration is now open. Electronic registration via the University of Edinburgh ePay
Please note that places at the conference are limited.
5. Edinburgh is a city with good transport links and a small, walkable centre. Please see the University Travel Page for more information on how to get here. The conference will be held in the Informatics Building and Inspace, Crichton St, Edinburgh.
6. The conference organisers are not able to arrange accommodation for attendees. However, accommodation of various sorts, and at various costs, is available in Edinburgh.
For help in finding and book your accommodation you might like to see: Edinburgh Tourist Information or www.visitscotland.com www.edinburghguide.com www.roomsinedinburgh.com
For a look at the city's attractions we'd recommend The List for Edinburgh
7. If you are a presenting participant, and are not able to secure funding from your own institutions to cover your costs, then please get in touch with us to discuss the possibility of assistance.
8. Enquiries about the conference can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org